Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 9, 2009, 8:50 AM   #1

I am not famliar with Lithium Ion Rechargeable batteries.
Here is a link to the manual of the K8500 Charger:

I can't decide if I should stick with disposable CR-V3 batteries or go with the Rechargeable ones. If I decide on Rechargeable batteries, how many should I own?

Please share your experience if you can answer any of these questions:
Approximately how many pictures can a fully recharged battery take in a z1012?
Should the battery be fully drained before each charging session?
How long does the battery hold a charge when the camera is not being used?

Thank you for your assistance.

dig314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:16 AM   #2

There is a 'sticky' thread "Z-series Battery FAQ" at the head of this very forum about all the battery options, which have been discussed extensively here over the last 18 months or so. See...

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=18, which covers the options pretty thoroughly, in my opinion (but I wrote it).

The other Lithium-ion rechargeable option is 'rechargeable CR-V3'. I use both a pair of those and a recently acquired KLIC-8000.

You should, of course, always carry a spare battery of some kind, in case the 'shot of a lifetime' that will make your fortune appears suddenly when your battery is flat. If you keep your KLIC-8000 or other rechargeable Li-ion topped-up after every session, just carrying a throwaway primary lithium CR-V3 would be fine, as they are long-dated, and will do a very large number of shots.

However, if you use the flash heavily, or do lots of viewing on the LCD screen, you'll find it quite easy to flatten a KLIC-8000 in a day, and will need access to a charger and its power supply and the time torecharge it, unless you carry some kind of spare.

You should not drain a Li-ion battery anywhere near flat. The camera will shut down in good time (after very little warning, I find.) Just keep topping the battery up on its own charger after a session. A fully charged Li-ion battery or a primary lithium will last a very long time in the camera when it's not in use.

Have fun!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote