Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 14, 2009, 4:17 AM   #61

The Z980 review from my trusted local camera shop friends is now on their website at...

So keen are they on it that they've produced a separate printed handout of that web page, plus the camera's spec. I've not seen them do that for a new camera before!

Steve, the MD, is tremendously enthusiastic about the 980. I spoke yesterday to his son, who'd also tested it. He was similarly enthusiastic, but commented that the protuberant lens, when extended to its 624mm equiv limit, seemed rather vulnerable and flimsy.

I was there, in a hurry, getting some printing done, otherwise I'd have asked to see one and try some shots. I'd have been a time-waster for them if I'd done that, as it's outside my price bracket, and I'm happy enough with my Z712 & Z1012.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2009, 9:53 AM   #62

You made a good choice! I am far more likely to use my Kodak Z-1012 than my Kodak Z-980, which seems to gather dust, as it had not been with me on the last three contracts. I too am concerned about the fragile quality of the lens when fully extended.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:04 AM   #63

Hi Sarah, i just brought my new kodak Z-980. can u give some tips to improve the colour saturation when taking photos of people.. i'm not happy with the output, but ok with outside photos including macro , long distance with it's masive 24X zoom.but inside house is not to my desire, it come in more reddish than natural and patched with colours.
5aman (ajith)

Last edited by 5aman; Sep 11, 2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: name adding
5aman is offline   Reply With Quote