Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Default new member / new camera

Have really enjoyed reading the threads/posts in this forum. Lots of interesting and useful information for sure. My primary interest is outdoor photography and I presently use two digital cameras. My first venture into digital was a Canon S2 IS which for several years has given me excellent results. I then purchased a Canon A720 IS for a smaller camera with larger than normal zoom capability. I find it especially useful for the hiking ventures into the Idaho mountains my wife and I enjoy. In the next couple of days I should be receiving my third camera. This is a Kodak Z712. I had been thinking of a Z1012 (which I still think is a fine camera) but went with the Z712 after all the positive comments I've read in this forum. Also the difference in price was enough to purchase a KLIC 8000 charger with two rechargeable lion batteries plus 6 CRV3 lithium batteries for back up. I'm headed into the mountains in September and hope to compare results of the Z712 with my other cameras. I will post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do so.....
Rickster49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:15 PM   #2
Default Your new camera

Hi Rick,
I hope you are as pleased with your Z712 as I am with its predecessor, the Z612. It's a great little camera with a lot of versatility. It's small enough to fit in my purse but has a nice 12x zoom lens. I keep it on a wrist strap rather than around my neck. It fits in my hand perfectly. I'm excited for you and am looking forward to seeing your first pix with the 712!
Best wishes, Meezer
meezer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 2:20 PM   #3

Welcome to the forums Rick. We'll look forward to seeing some photos from your trip to the mountains.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:38 PM   #4

Welcome to the Forum, Rick-

The Kodak Z-712 is a great little camera. I still have mine in daily use. We will look forward to seeing your photos.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote