Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 15, 2003, 10:59 PM   #1
Default Switching from a LS420 to a DX6490

I have had a LS420 for over a year now and it finally hit the skids. For some reason it will come on for a second and then turn off. I tried all of Kodaks steps for troubleshooting and they said it was broke. Anyhow I think I would rather upgrade to a new camera rather than get this one fixed. I am a Saltwater Fishing Guide and Internet fishing show host out of SW Florida. I have done some reasearch and hope the DX 6490 would be the best camera for me to upgrade to that is in my budget. If there is any camera that is similar in features to the DX 6490 and price please let me know. Nearly all of the shots will be outdoors, but some will be indoors for family and other non business related things. Thanks for the help.
Capt Chancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2003, 11:06 AM   #2
Default DX6490 is a good choice

I purchased my wife a Kodak DX6490 recently. We took a trip down to the Dayton Air Force Museum.
I own a Nikon Coolpix 5700
Both of us shot for about three hours, with about the same number of shots (70 -80). Nearly all of these were Flash shots.
The Kodak actually did better in some situations than my twice as expensive Nikon.

The Kodak has been very reliable and really performs well.

The lens alone, makes it worthwhile.
Setiprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2004, 3:50 AM   #3

The Olympus 750 UZ would be another option. I think that the Kodak 6490 is much easier to operate than the olympus 750 UZ.
Mahesh is offline   Reply With Quote