Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 18, 2010, 8:10 AM   #1
Default Please help! Kodak Playsport

Help me please!!! I'm new to all this. Just purchased the Kodak Playsport and I'm very happy with it UNTIL I go to burn my videos to a DVD. I am using the Mediaimpressions software that came loaded on the camera. I can successfully burn the video to the DVD, but it comes out all jumpy and it takes FOREVER just to burn a 30 sec. video. Surely there is a way to make this easier and fix the jumpiness. I have version 1.0.3 on my camera, which I think is the latest firmware. The video that it takes is .MOV file and is HUGE. That 30 sec. video is about 10MB! I think I need to convert the file into another format to make it smaller, but using the converter in the Mediaimpressions software also takes FOREVER! I am shooting in 720p/60.

HELP!! How can I easily get my videos off my SD card onto something other than my hard drive?
Kanga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 20, 2010, 4:17 PM   #2

First welcome to the Forums Kanga1. Did you visit the Hybrid section of the thread I opened , and ask in there. in time others will join in, they may be to new to Arcsoft and the playsport, or Zi8.

I thought I toss in my few cents, and burn a dvd disk of 30 secs and call this bluff.

I placed in a28 sec clip of HD720P@60f 40 mb, no title, or credit. and chosen dvd/blueray, render two steps, first step went smooth, second step stayed at 79 % and finished under 5minutes. Disk is published, burned, succesful.

Playback on a windows pc, and mac looked fine to me.

As Arcsoft MI may only be for windows, while playback on both, I see no issues here.

Are you up to par on your system pc/mac. I use a hp1070N 2.5g and a macbook.

for you to do other than a HD, you have to go through a pc or mac, to get onto anything other if external hard drive etc, for transferring sd files, this is not a library device like other cams.

Another route will be old fashion transferring vido through the componant cable , live playback.

All you have to do to transfer the files , is plugh te cam into a pc, recognises and open driver, then drop and drag.

These are Pc low Budget Economy Hybrid camcorders Great for the Daytime Outdoor shots
Light on the Object video made. No light No Video
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote