Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:45 PM   #1
Default Zi8 viewing problem on PC from USB

Just got my zi8, and I'm really impressed with it!
However, I just shot some videos in the 720 setting onto a Sandisk Ultra SDHC card (15Mb speed).
The videos appear perfectly when viewed on the zi8 built in screen, but when I plug the camera onto a PC, and try playing them (regardless of Windows-Arcsoft or Ubuntu VLC or Movieplayer), the video plays only for a few (approx. 3) seconds and then freezes up. after that, I just get occasional "still pictures" or snapshots from the video content.
If I move the videoplayer program's slide control forward (or backwards) on my pc screen, the video plays from wherever I put the slide; again for approx. 3 seconds and then goes over to "snapshots-from-the-video-mode", one every 3-4 seconds.
I cannot understand why this is, since the videos play play just fine in the camera.
Is there some problem with the USB output from this camera?
Uploading the video files onto the PC, and then playing them renders the exact same result, so it appears that the video file is somehow being corrupted when passing the USB output on the camera.
Unfortunately I'm not much of a tech person, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by zi8too; Jul 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
zi8too is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:31 PM   #2

While this would seem a logical place for your question, you are more likely to get helpful response in the Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams Forum where this camera has been discussed.
If life brings you lemons, you can make lemonade.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote