Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 17, 2003, 6:49 AM   #1
Default dx6490 help

I have a new dx6490 and 3 other digital cameras
I find my new kodak very slow and very offen is out of focus
should I brink it back or is this normal???
I might add the camera only does this in auto mode

thanks for your help
binky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2003, 6:57 PM   #2

Your kodak camera should not be out of focus. You may have solved your problems already but manufacturer help line is always supportive and information wise very accurate. You should either call support line or the support line where you bought your camera.
toyosys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2003, 8:27 AM   #3

Something else that I would do would be to format your memory card inside the camera. If it still seems slow, then try it in a memory card reader. Usually formatting a memory card in your camera is the answer to things being really slow. Sounds odd, but Im sure others will back me up that it can effect your AF speed, etc. One camera I really know it does it bad to is the Nikon 4300. Cuts almost every feature timing in half by formatting it in the camera.
UniSonBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:31 PM   #4

My 6490 has focusing probs too. UNTIL---I changed the menu setting to use center-zone focusing instead of the default multi-pattern. Much better. What serious photographer that has been into photography since AF was only a dream does not focus with the main subject in the center of the viewfinder and THEN compose the shot??
feetr2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:42 AM   #5

We've been discussing this problem in another forum. Some believe they can simply rack out to 380 mm and handhold the camera for every shot... even in auto. I would never dream of handholding a 300 + mm lens unless I had taken steps to ensure as little camera movement as possible (i.e. fast shutter speed, tripod). More thought needs to be given to techniques rather than blaming the instrument.
leushino is offline   Reply With Quote