Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 21, 2003, 9:07 PM   #1
Default How to send an edited photo to a Kodak camera?

I bought this Kodak DX4530 with Printer Dock 4000.

I am able to upload photos from camera to computer no problem.

I like to edit the photos, add text, effects, etc.

When I drag-and-drop to the "Internal Memory" folder of my kodak camera using the same file name protocol 000_0001.jpg etc etc I can successfully save the edited photo on the memory card.

I can then successfully view that edited photo on the computer which is now stored on the camera.

I CANNOT see the edited photo on the viewfinder of the camera. It says "Unrecognized File Format". Kodak support webpages say that whilst you can resend unaltered pictures back to the camera (and I can do this) you are unable to resend EDITED photos back to the camera because the JPEG / EXIF 2.2 "header information" has now changed.

Fine. Whatever. I can NOT believe that someone has not invented a little program to "fix" this header information such that the Kodak Camera can recognize the edited photo as its own. It may be as simple as a short hexadecimal string.

If and when this is possible, I will then be able to print the edited photos on the printer dock. I refuse to believe that this is an impossible dream and await any help from other users with eager anticipation. I spent about 3 hours googling on this already today.

(this post also on General Q&A)
malcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2004, 2:13 PM   #2

I have been playing with the camera and its memory card. I bought a PNY card reader/writer for about $15. The computer then sees the card as a removable drive. I can open the jpg file, edit it then save it to the card. I have then been able to view it on the camera. I have even scanned a photo at very high resolution. edited the picture so it was suitable for printing, saved it to the card. I then could view it on the camera, and i then used the card to print the photo.
jdbohn is offline   Reply With Quote