Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 22, 2003, 4:23 PM   #1
Default Which camera Canon or Kodak

Hi i'm new here, looking to upgrade my camera in the new year. Right now I have a sony FD71. I have narrowed my choices dow to the Canon A70, the Kodak 6340, or the Kodak 6440. I am planning on purchasing the Canon I960 printer first because it's the best printer i have seen to print pictures in any size edge to edge and it's fast. Now i like the a70 for it's pictbridge connection to that printer, But I am not keen on the canon soft image quality, though a quick run through microsoft picture it i can sharpen it up a bit. I alos like the Kodaks for there ease of use and the docking station. just leave the camera in the docling station and it's always charged. My father has the Kodak 6340 with the printer dock, and I think the pictures come out very clear, sharp and ultra vibrant, although I read numerous critis that say the kodaks come out too vigrant and over saturates the images. most artifacts on the kodaks are not noticible in 4x6 prints but largly noticible in 8x10 or larger. I haven't noticed it yet on my fathers so I don't know. I will be takeing mostly pictures of family and my daughter, I will be blowing up the image to 8x10 on occasion when a picture comes out really nice, i will be mainly printing out for scrapbooking. I will aso want a decent movie mode, dosn't have to be extensive, I have a video camera that i read video in the computer, i then want to use pinnicle studio 8 to stitch video to pictures to the mini movies from the camera and output to DVD. my thinking is that if we go on vacation i can take the camcorder in some areas, but in others i don't have to lug the camcorder around and still get video. if I go kodak i definitly plan on getting the printer dock. if I go canon I have more compatibility with my new printer. what do you think would be a better choice for me? right now I can go eiter way I see the good points in each and i am torn.
dsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links