Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 4, 2004, 8:07 PM   #1
Default 6490 portable battery charger and photo transfer

I know many have issue with the 6490 requirement to charge the battery on the docking station. I travel often, so I like to keep it simple. I use the very compact Pentax D-BC7 charger to charge the Kodak battery. It is the charger that comes with the Pentax Optio 550. It requires a minor modification to the three tabs that contact the battery. They are like paper clip ends, and need to be bent slightly upward to contact the Kodak battery. The batteries are almost identical, same contact arrangement, and both 3.7V Lithium Ion. (note: The Pentax battery will not fit the Kodak camera, but the charger works fine.)

I also take the pictures directly off the SD card in Windows Explorer, using a USB SD card reader in Windows XP. Most of these card readers should not require a special driver in XP, the USB storage driver Microsoft provides in XP will work fine, and just detects and represents the SD card as another drive. The jpg files can be copied direct to your machine, no dock station or Kodak software required.

dv199909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links