Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 5, 2004, 8:58 AM   #1
Default kodak 6490 vs Hp945

Its time for a new digital camera and I am debating between the Kodak 6490 and the HP945. I have an Olympus c730 and the LCD size & shutter lag time are very disappointing. Recommendations or opinions?
impmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2004, 10:42 AM   #2

Well... in a Kodak forum you're likely to receive recommendations for the Kodak and that is exactly what I am giving. I purchased the DX6490 and couldn't be more pleased. It is easy to hold, has a myriad of manual over-rides, very versatile and sharp lens and has received many positive reviews. Is it perfect? No. But then you're not going to find any perfect camera so you can dismiss that idea. Most of the complaints lodged against cameras in the 6490 and HP 945 range have to do with poor technique rather than a failing of the camera itself. When you rack out to 300 mm you have to understand that camera shake is inevitable and therefore set a higher shutter speed to compensate and/or use a tripod. The DX6490 takes excellent photographs for the web, for email, and for prints up to 10 x 12. If you want to go beyond that, expect to pay considerably more and even then you're going to discover that there are trade-offs that will negate the higher quality optics.
leushino is offline   Reply With Quote