Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 7, 2004, 5:09 PM   #1
Default How to remove timestamp on pics taken with DX6490

Just got my 6490, and I took some beatuiful nature pics - whan downloading to PC, I saw that all pics were "timestamped" in the lower right corner. I have turned that function off on the camera now, but do want to remove this stamp from my pics I have already downloaded (they are still in the camera as well)

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you in advance
snurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2004, 10:35 PM   #2

cant say for sure but i believe there is a setting in the camera to turn it off i have a dx4900 and i can turn it off or on. otherwise you have to remove it by croping or editing it out
kschewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2004, 7:10 PM   #3
Default Timestamp removal

Probably the easiest would be to use an editing program like Photoshop or Paint Shop PRO. I don't know how close the timestamp is to the edge of the photo on the 6490, as I have never used this feature. If you wouldn't lose too much of your image, you could just simply crop it out.
feetr2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:18 AM   #4

Hello, there is an option in the menu allowing you to add or remove date and time stamp. Shouldn't be that difficult.
KVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2004, 9:32 AM   #5

Once the pictures are taken you can't remove the time stamp even if the pictures are in the camera. This "feature" is my gripe about my Kodak digital camera. Never use it becuase the lettering is huge, bright yellow and too far from the corner for my taste and becomes way too distracting to be useful.

The only way out is to crop or clone out the time stamp. The other way out is to turn off the time stamp altogether. That information is in the EXIF data anyway.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote