Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 20, 2011, 10:11 PM   #1
Default High Pitched Noise

Hey guys a few years ago my easyshare z712 got knocked over on a cheap tripod (wasn't worth it) and hit the ground. Up untill now the lens hasn't come out fully, It would just come out halfway..then retract itself and the camera would turn off.

A few days ago I took it to the camera store and the guy working there turned it on and the lens came out and the camera worked just fine!

The only concern I have is, it makes a high pitched noise when its on that I don't think most people would even be able to hear...my mom couldn't. Anyway other than that all seems well.
UPDADATE: It must be related with the LCD because when I turn the LCD off it gets about 3 times quieter but there is still a hum.

What Im wondering is..is it worth sending in to kodak for them to check it out? Im going to be moving out of the country in a couple weeks and I'd really like to take it with me but Im just wondering if it could get worse...

I don't remember whether it made this noise before It hit the ground, thats the problem..you can truly only hear it when its close to or near your face/ear.

All feedback is appreciated

Last edited by zackw419; Aug 21, 2011 at 10:24 AM.
zackw419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:24 AM   #2

I would compare the price of having Kodak fix it and the price of buying a new one. A lot of repairs cost as much (or more!) than buying a new one.
JeannieBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2011, 10:25 AM   #3

thanks for the feedback...Man it will take a long time to get to costa rica if I have it fixed... I guess it could be worth it...if the camera were to just stay this way and not get any worse Im on with it like this.
zackw419 is offline   Reply With Quote