Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 29, 2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Default Kodak KLIC5001 battery age

Is there a code on a KLIC5001 battery with which someone could determine it's age. I have a Z7590 camera which I'm totaly happy with but the batteries only last 15 minutes at most. I'm using the charger that came with the camera and it takes about 45 minutes to charge a battery. One of them is the orig battery that came with the camera and the other is a genuine? Kodak that I bought on ebay (mistake?) but they all have a short working life.
Thanks for any help, Jim B.
jimbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2012, 4:06 AM   #2

Hi Jim- I don't think the age of a battery can be determined by a given code- though maybe someone will correct me..!?
The chances are,bearing in mind the Z7590 is an older model now,that the original battery is exhausted- and maybe the ebay one was not of the highest quality..?
In some old reviews online it seems your camera with a decent battery in it should be capable of up to 300 shots,or thereabouts- less of course if flash is used a great deal.
I'd bite the bullet and just get a decent quality replacement- with maybe a higher capacity than the original(1700mAh).
I think Uniross make one with a capacity of 1850mAh- and they've been making rechargeables for many a year...!
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote