Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:17 PM   #1
Default M340 Monitor view

My wife uses a Kodak M340, in bright daylight nothing is visible on the monitor. How ridiculous is that? Is this camera worse than average in this respect?
itforsenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2014, 3:13 PM   #2

This is a very common problem with LCD monitors on all cameras. There are accessory hoods available for most cameras, though. That and turning up the brightness as far as possible.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:04 AM   #3

Compared to my later Panasonic cameras, the LCDs on my Kodak C and Z models from '06 & '07 were utterly horrible, even indoors. Tilt just a bit in any light and the LCD washes out.

I was handed several recent P&S compacts over the 4th of July and didn't have any problem with any of them the way I did with my older Kodaks. If the Kodaks I had didn't have viewfinders, I don't think I would have been able to use them about half
the time.

You might want to just go to a local department store and compare some of the current compacts side by side with the Kodak. I'll bet you can easily see the difference.

Even with all the new enhancements and an articulating LCD, there are still some times when it's difficult to see, but I'm a lot less concerned that the next compact I get won't have a viewfinder.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote