Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:01 AM   #1
Default Converter tubes for Kodal DX7590

Hi all,

I am not used to adding an extension lens to the front of a camera. My Olympus OM-4 just has interchangeable lenses. However, here I am at slowly becoming more simplified in picture taking. I like the Kodak line because it has a printer dock as an accessory.

However, the information I need is whether the converter tube for a lens is the same as long as the threads on the base of the extension lens fit.

In other words, is the W/A adapter the same as the telephoto adapter? The only difference is the actual lens?

Thanks for the help.
wiscman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2015, 5:01 PM   #2

That's a really old camera and that dock and printer system is nearly obsolete. I still have that old Kodak gear stashed away.

I think at the time the adapter tube or "sleeve" was included. Then you just added the Kodak converters to the end of it. You could add anything you wanted based on the thread size.

It's nothing like the extension tubes or teleconverter used on a dslr that fits between the lens and body.

The printer/dock was advanced at the time, but now it's an antique. If you need anything, "that" Kodak no longer exists.
BBbuilder467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2015, 2:26 PM   #3

G'day mate

As @BB says - a sleeve [adapter tube] was popular with the Kodak rage of cameras ~ and many other 6x - 12x zoom cameras of maybe 5 to 10 yrs ago

It was [still is] a good way of offering the user a few extras so as to open up more photo opportunities

Each sleeve was long enough so that the camera's main zoom lens would not collide with whatever 'other' lens was on the front of the tube. The sleeve also took the weight of the 'other' lens so that the small motors on the zoom lens were not overloaded and damaged

You might find some of these attachments at weekend trash-n-treasure markets, but their availability is fading, along with the kodak range of cameras

Other camera makers who offer these attachments today is Panasonic & Canon for their range of 20x - 40x zoom cameras

Hope this helps
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote