Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 8, 2004, 3:14 AM   #1
Default Kodak DX6490 or Fujifilm S5000

Hi everybody.

This is my first post and it is for asking you all about my upcoming purchase. Having read the topic title you will surely know which cameras am I thinking about.

I'm just a point-and-shot photographer (this word seems too big for me ) wanting to learn how to make photos like those posted here, so certain manual operability is required, that?s why I decided to have these cameras as reference.

So Which one do you think is the best buy? DX6490 or S5000?

You will find this post in the Fujifilm forum too, so if you are interested in what Fujifilm users think about, visit it.
KrustY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2004, 3:54 PM   #2

In a heartbeat the DX6490, not just because I own one but, because the image quality is better. The first thing about the S5000 I didn't like was the ISO only went down to 200 whereas the DX6490 goes down to 80 ISO. The 3 to 4MP did not matter to me as the difference is minimal.

If the DX6490 was not around I'd get an Oly C-750 before a S5000 as it is closer to the image quality of the DX6490.

koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 5:53 AM   #3

I was about to buy the Fujifilm S5000 but was put off by the toy like feel to it, so I did some more research and ended up with the DX6490 and haven't regretted it at all.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote