Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 21, 2004, 7:37 PM   #1
Default Kodak DX4530 and "Click to capture" time

I'm looking at buying a DX4530 soon, and I've read some reviews and opinions of the camera, and it seems pretty good for the price. I'm looking at getting a camera for casual purposes, but I'd like it to have good quality pictures (so 4 or 5 MP) and zoom, which the DX4530 seems to fit. I also like the 'dial' on the top, which allows you to change settings quickly.

I've got one question about the camera, though, which I was hoping someone here would be able to answer... On the Steve's Digicams site, it says the "Click to capture" time is 0.79 seconds (with live view on)... I often take my current camera to concerts, and it takes a second or so to take the photo (even without flash), which is quite annoying for shots that rely on a specific position, and action shots (although that also has to do with the shutter speed... I often get blurry photos because of that). So... my question is, how does the DX4530 perform? Is the lag noticable and/or a problem? If it is, are there any cameras which are better, around the same price?

I'm living in Australia, and am going to get the camera ordered from the US (much, much more expensive at retailers here), but with the dip in the Australian dollar, it'd have to be around the same price point, US $250 - $300.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
Jem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links