Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 24, 2004, 11:46 AM   #1
Default Proud new owner of a DX6490

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this camera! I have taken some amazing pics already, especially a super close shot of my snow crocus in bloom. There are a few things I'm wondering...

Where do you store your pics for others to see?

Do you resize them so it doesn't take folks on dial up forever to view them? What do you resize them to? (I have one that I was thinking of posting here, but don't know if it'd be too big or not)

I use Eudora for email and when I email pics to myself using the Easyshare software, they overlap. Is this characteristic of all email programs?

Do you use a photo printer to print photos or does an all in one printer work okay?

Can you buy photo paper with a matte finish instead of a glossy finish?

Thanks in advance!
learningsomethingnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2004, 12:10 PM   #2

Congratulations in choosing this camera, I have had mine for a few months now and I am very pleased with it.

I'll be quick on the replies.........

Online album
A great free service to upload your photos.

When resizing for posting on the forums there are plenty of resizing programs out there (normally 650 pixels are good for screen resolution and normally reduce file sizes to around 100kb or less.)

The Easyshare program is pretty rubbish, I use Paint Shop Pro 8 for editing and the Windows program for albums.

Not sure on photo printers as my basic one does just fine for me, if I need to get a good copy I get the photos printed professionaly.

Yes you can get matte finished paper as well.

Good luck with your new camera.
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote