Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 21, 2004, 1:32 PM   #1
Default Difference when cropping/enlarging 5mp DX4530 to new 6mp

I have been using a Sony 3mp for 2 years, but when I crop an image and want to print a 4x6 or 5x7 (and especially 8x10) I loose alot of quality. So I just bought a Kodak 5mp DX4530. I've taken pictures and cropped quite a bit to experiment for the last 2 days, and it is quite a bit better.

However, now I see that in May there will be a 6mp Kodak camera out, and I can still return the 5 and exchange it, but it's $250 more! It's also an SLR, and I don't want that much camera, I just need a point and shoot.

HERE'S MY QUESTION: I know I saw quite a bit of difference in the resolution when cropping and enlarging from 3mp to 5mp, but will I see enough difference in 5mp to 6mp to justify spending so much more? Please help, I've got to decide!
dck696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2004, 7:08 PM   #2

The DX7630,,,,if that is the DC you are refering too is not a DSLR,,,,It is though a 6.1 megapixel cam,,,,you will notice a difference in this new 7630 over the 5meg you have,,,,2 reasons for this...

(1) you will have another million pixels,,,which is obvious..

(2) the 7630 has a "fine" compression mode,,which will give a larger file and slightly better image detail..

The difference will not be large though,,unless you are enlarging greatly...

Hope this helps

If not then whick Kodak were you refering to...

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote