Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 10, 2004, 10:36 AM   #1

I am loving my dx6490 and am planning on have fun with it on my vacation to Disney World. I have had problems in the past with lens fog on my 35mm point and shoot when I took it in and out of air conditioned places and out into the extremely humid outdoors. I am worried about the effects of the temperature andhumidity changes on allthe electronic components of my digicam. How can Ikeep the camera from going into "shock" from these rapid and extreme changes. It is especially bad in the mornings after a wholenight in the "dry" and cold airconditioned room. Can I insulate the camera? Willthe battery be affected? Should a purchase a second batteryjust in case? How do youFloridians treat this?:?

Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2004, 11:06 AM   #2

I've lived in Florida for 25 years. Other than the lens fogging going from air conditioning to the humid outside it has never been a problem. My equipment holds up fine and I don't do anything special. I live directly on the water and often take my cameras on my boat.

Condensation is distilled water and doesn't leave residue. I usually let the lens heat up and defog itself rather than wipe it unless it is a camera with a UV filter for protection. I don't like to clean coated lenses in the field unless I have to.

Your battery just responds to temperature. Generally the higher the temperature the more you can get from the battery. It will work fine in Florida. If you don't need a spare at home to fill your memory card you won't need one in Florida.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote