Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 23, 2004, 3:25 PM   #1

I was wondering if this is a good camera. I'm thinking of buying a new digi cam but I am still undecided on which one to get.It is mainly for taking pictures of family and for parties and events. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
jrdnsrnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2004, 4:03 PM   #2

The 4530 is a great DC,,,almost all kodaks are,,they are easy to use,,,take awsum pics...

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 11:50 AM   #3

Just joined the forum and you've probably made your purchase by now. But, just in case you're still procrastinating (don't let your mother catch you!), I'll give you my views:

I'm new to digital photography so I can't make comparisons with other makes and models but, for what it's worth, I think the DX4530 is a helluva buy for the price. The EasyShare software tends to be a bit buggy but I believe Kodak have sorted this now so you should be OK.

20X30 inch photos at 5 megapixels are sharp enough to shave with! You need a steady hand or a tripod or a knack with improvising to keep the camera steady enough to avoid camera-shake as it's a bit sensitive in this respect. But, if you aint already got it, get it.
RonTocknell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:45 PM   #4

I'd rather suggest buying the new CX7530. Much more options left and less artifacts.
Steve reviewed it a few days ago, look here.

Plus: the video mode is much better!
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote