Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 9, 2004, 4:47 AM   #1

While hearing all the chatter about the new Minolta Z3 and it's great features a question has been buzing in my head:

Does the DX 6490 really "lack" an Anti-Shake Systemor is it just a "nice to have" issue?How are your experiences??

Greetz Cryptos
Cryptos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 9, 2004, 5:18 AM   #2

The DX6490 does not have any anti-shake features as at the time of it's release it was up against the Z1.

Looking at pictures taken with the Panasonic FZ10 (which has IS) at full zoom (x12),I'm not that convinced it's such a great thing, the pictures seem a little soft and seems to suffer from purple fringing.

There is a new Kodak on it's way with 5mp and lots of new features, so I would hold on until the specs of thathave been announced.

Regarding the Z3, I originally was going to buy the Z1, but after a test in the shop, I came away disappointed with the feel of it, it just felt so delicate, so I read some reviews and went for the DX6490 without seeing it and have been very happy with my camera for the last 7 months.

If I was a Z2 owner, I would be a little peed off that Minolta is launching it's 3rd super-zoom camera within 1 year. (watch the prices of the Z2 plummet)

Here's an example taken handheld at full zoomon my first day out with it.

Attached Images
Cold Snail is offline   Reply With Quote