Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jul 19, 2004, 7:11 AM   #1

At the moment I am very disillusioned with my DX6490 almost to the point of sending it back.

I am a novice camera user (although this is my 3rd digicam) and as such I am using the camera on full auto with intent to trying out PASM when I know a bit more.

However I can hardly ever get the camera to focus correctly on almost any subject.

Today I tried taking some close ups of a bee on a buddleia flower with very mixed results, only 2 out of 10 pics were in focus and if I zoomed in very close the camera would not focus at all.

this pic is the best I managed but I wanted to zoom in closer on the beebut the camera would not focus.

The next pic I had zoomed in a bit more and the camera indicated that it was in focus (green light) but it is clearly nowhere near in focus.

Any advice or comments would be very welcome.

I really do like this camera as a whole and think the software is also pretty good but it just seems so slow and hard work to get a good pic, I find myself using my old Pentax Optio 330GS instead as is is much easier to get a good pic.

nbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links