Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Aug 13, 2004, 8:53 PM   #1

Hey so i posted a topic on the new camera advice forum about a camera to replace my dx3900 and it's between this or the Toshiba PDR-4300.

So if you can say anything that would deter me from buying the cx7430 let me know . Oh and you can post to my thread http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87

or I guess here about which one you think is better would be great. Not i'm not asking for buying advice specifically treat cost as the same. I just want to know which is better.
eliteblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2004, 9:59 AM   #2

Well i can tell you the "goods" on the CX...

It has 3X zoom instead of 2.8X the Toshiba has.

The Toshiba shutter speeds in auto mode go from 1/2 to 1/1000 sec,,,,the CX goes from 4 seconds to 1/1400 sec.....

ISO on the Toshiba is 100-400,,,the CX goes from 80-400

Both are good cams,,the CX has more options,9 scene modes,faster shutter speeds,,and kodak is known for it`s ease of use and kodak color..

I`d spend the extra and get the DX7440 myself,,the DX is kodaks upline and the options and resulting image quality is outstanding,,,spend a little more,,get a lot more,,decision is yours to be made though...

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2004, 2:19 PM   #3

in my case its more than $150 more for the dx so unless it come sdown in price in the very near future i dont see it being $150 better
eliteblaze is offline   Reply With Quote