Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 8, 2004, 11:06 AM   #1

I believe there is someting wrong in the compartment that holds the batteries. Sometimes they seem to make a good connection and sometimes the same batteries show up as low. Tried many different rechargeables and no difference. Anyone else have this problem? Also is there someplace to send the camera to have it checked--couldn't find anything on the KODAK site. Like the camera very much and don't want to have to buy a new one just yet.

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Effie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2004, 7:49 PM   #2

hmm mine just broke

i think leeting them see it costs more than a new camera
eliteblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2004, 9:20 AM   #3

I've had a problem with my DX3900 where the Kodak KAA2HR NiMH batteries didn't seem to charge anymore or wouldn't laast long efore the battery low icon appeared on the camera and the camera shut down. I think the camera battery voltage sensor has drifted up slightly making NiMH batteries marginal (only 1.2V x 2) compared to Lithium based batteries which work fine in the camera.

I've decided to use rechargable Lithium-Ion batteries as a solution and dump NiMH for the DX3900. Try the Jaycar SB-1742 1500mAh CRV3 Li-Ion battery (Powertech)and associated charger which works fine. Alternatively, try http://www.thomas-distributing.com/mpc-c301.htm. Good Luck!
bjclark is offline   Reply With Quote