Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 5, 2004, 4:34 AM   #1

Hello everyone, I have been trying to find out which of these 2 Kodak cameras are best (6440 - 7440). I know that the 6440 hasmuch more flash distance capablity, and I know that both are 4MP and 4X OpticalZoom. I also know that the DX-7440 is a much newer model.

The thing I amtrying to find out is which one of these 2 cameras has a faster shot to shot capability with and without the flash, which onetakes more pictures on a fullbattery charge, what is the advantage of a maxISO of 400 in comparison to800, and the lensopeningof f2.8 (7440) and f2.2 opening for the 6440. (seems to me that f2.2 is better)?

I have the DX-6440 now and it works great, takes great pictures/movies etc. but I really would like to get the newer 7440 if its signifigantly faster from startup time to shoot, and from shot to shot especially IF most everything else is basically the same?.

I haveseen the specs. on both, and this newer 7440 seems to have more features I think. I would like to know what new/additional features the 7440 has which the 6440 does not have.

Pleaselet me know if it's worth while to get the newer 7440 or if the differences are too small tomake it worth the hassle.

I know this might be asking for a lot, but I really would like to know the details.

Thanks in advance.

MisterJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links