Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:45 PM   #1

Don't know if this topic is right for this forum but since my Kodak camera was used to create the movie here it goes.

I recently took a mini video with my camera and when I downloaded to the computer it plays ok for a while and then the image freezes for the rest of the video and the audio keeps playing ok. Strange part is that the video plays fine in the camera except that it seems to skip a frame (shows a green frame) at the exact same spot the video freezes while being played in the computer. It appears to have a bad frame or something. I still have the original file in the very same memory card where it was stored by the camera.

How can i fix this video? Suggestions? I want to fix it because it lasts several minutes and there is no way to retake it as it was part of a recent vacation trip.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2004, 10:49 PM   #2

Hello, Luis;

There are several things you can do, the first of which is to try to play the video with another player if you have one. It does appear that you have a frame with garbage data that may be confusing your video codecs.

Another option is to cut out the offending frame(s) using any good video editor, provided it can read the MOV file format. I had some analog video that I converted to MPEG that would not play until Iran them through TMPGEnc (a VCD utility) I don't know if it would read MOVs or not, though. Try them at www.tempgenc.net.

Let us know how things go.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2004, 1:18 PM   #3

I did not try the program but it appears that it doesn't read QT movies. Anyone knows if QuickTime Pro (not free :sad will do the job?
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 2:46 AM   #4

Not tried it myself yet, but there is a plug-in that lets TMPGEnc read and convert Quick Time .mov files.

pixeljuicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:48 PM   #5

Not sure if this is any help, but here is a utility that will convert MOV to AVI. The AVIcan thenprobably used with other utilities to fix the problem...

MarkFaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote