Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 30, 2004, 1:27 AM   #1

I own a KodakDC3400, ya i know its getting old.

I LOVE this camera, although its only 2 megapixels my prints that i have done at walmart or sams are stunning!!!!

My husband told me to pick out a new dig camera for xmas, any i wanted, So im thinking ok if mine is only a 2 megapix i wonder what a 5 or a 6 would be like!! However i cant even imagine better prints!

So tell me kodak owners

1. Why are some of the kodak 5 megapix more expensive than the supposed 6 mp from kodak?( i read one persons view that the 6 mega pix is in reality only a 3 ect..)

2. Name the camera you think is best, price does not matter

3. Do any of you own other brands like Canon or Olympus ( my very first cam was an olympus) if so could you suggest another brand also.

4, I would like the option of more zoom and maybe manual stuff but that part is no biggy

Regardless im keeping my old dc3400 but getting another camera too!

I want one that will have the same quality if not better, my 4x6 shots are excellent so the main thing is quality prints up to 8x10 or higher :O)

Kikididi RN
KikididiRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2004, 8:42 AM   #2

Short answer: I own a Kodak DC120 zoom, 1.2 MP, which I was pleased with for many years. I recently purchased a DX7440 (4 MP, 4X optical zoom) and am planning to also buy the 7590 (5 MP, 10X optical zoom). The DX and LS series have superior German-made (Schneider Kreuznach) lenses. Anywhere from 4 to 6 megapixals should give you the prints you'll like. I ordered 4x6 prints from ophoto (a Kodak company) from my 7440 pictures, and they look just like high-quality prints from a fine-grained film.

Read Steve's reviews and search for threads in the forums containing the cameras you're interested in. You'll find lots of conversation, especially in the Kodak forum and the What Camera Should I Buy forum. You'll also find links to other Web sites with reviews and user forums. And, of course, thoroughly read the information on Kodak's Web site.

Bottom line: If you like your old Kodak digicam, you'll love the new EasyShare cameras, especially the DX series!
Rochchacha chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 6:23 PM   #3

Hi I have the dx7590 and couldn't be happier! Get most prints done at Shutterfly and 4x6 are great as well as some 8x10's .Just received today 2 prints 20x30(yes twenty by thirty) from shutterfly and I was blown away how good they are. My wife is offering to hang them in the livivng room after framing so thats a good testimony.

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote