Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 2, 2005, 9:31 PM   #1

I was in NYC the other day and in one of the electronics stores some salesman tried to sell me some lens for my DX6490 that is superwide and will shoot without a flash? he said it was like betweem $400 amd $800? does anyone have ant idea what this is?
djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2005, 2:54 PM   #2

Hi, Ibuy the Kodak 0,7 wide lens for DX6490, I pay for it U$ 139,00 in B&H (NY). Note that you must use with the lens adapter that cost something about U$ 14,00 in B&H.

About the flash I take a lot of photos without flash and don't have any problem. Theonly problem that I have is you cannot use the camera flash with these lens, because the lens will be in the front of the flash light, and the photo will be dark.
petzold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2005, 3:57 PM   #3

Hi there;

Therehas been lots of discussion on this topic in these forums. If you're using the 6490, I'd highly recommend the Kodak-specific lens made by Schnieder. For its price it is a great lens. I think the Olympus W-Con is a good lens too. STAY AWAY from any lens you cannot find a recommendation for. There are a lot of lenses that are pure garbage.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote