Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 5, 2005, 3:39 PM   #1

I think it looks like a great concept... wi-fi, stores 1500 photos... but I dont think that is the direction I want to go. Besides the wait its only 4mp.. the wifi card is a option (therefore more money).. and 3x zoom. With a retail of 599.00 plus the wi-fi (99.00), i am not sure it is something I would want.

But I only posted this because I thought it is an exciting idea...
AquaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:34 PM   #2

What about these......

Only thing is they are going backwards from the 6490/7590,,,less options,,,smaller LCD screen,,,only 8 secs shutter,,,good for a person on a budget i guess,,,,but i want more,,,not less...

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 4:01 PM   #3

Here is a first impression review done over at DigitalCameraInfo.

There also was a guy that was at the show answering peoples questions on this camera, but I don't know what website/BLOG that was. The two pieces of information that I have been able to find out (from all the sites I have visited) that was not obvious in the Kodak press release are:

1. The WiFi card is stored inside the camera until you need to use it and then it is extended half way out while in use to expose the antenna. I was worried about the card sticking out like that or having to be stored separately, but that doesn't seem to really be a problem.

2. They have enabled the zoom in the movie mode! Not many cameras have this feature.

I think this camera will give the iPod Photo a run for its money. Now if the camera only had a viewfinder and....
Beverly W is offline   Reply With Quote