Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 8, 2005, 2:58 PM   #1

I have just bought a dock for my 8 year old son's camera. Problem is even with the special plastic insert, the camera just wont sit firmly on the dock! Feels 'springy', and the contacts keep cutting out. By pressing firmly, I can get the lights to come on, but it goes off after a few minutes. Still havent been able to charge up new battery pack that came with Dock. Now what?
ayllim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2005, 4:45 PM   #2

Kodak says, "If your camera comes with a custom insert, use that one instead of the universal insert that comes with the dock." NOTE: The universal insert should already be mounted in the dock. Check out this page of the online Printer Dock 6000 Manual that relates to installing the custom camera insert:

In other words, if you are using the insert that came with the dock and your camera came with one, you should be using the one that came with your camera. Also, the dock comes with the universal camera insert which must be removed and replaced with the insert that came with your camera, if any.

There is more info on the page addressed above which may help you. If it's still no go, you'll have to contact Kodak about the issue. My experience is that this will take some time so try everything else first. Good Luck!
A3D is offline   Reply With Quote