Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 15, 2005, 4:06 PM   #1

I bought my first camera a couple of months ago, a Kodak DX7950, and am very happy with it.

The only problem is when I take photos of stage performances, where I can't use flash.

The darn thing can only go ISO800 on the 1.8 megapixel setting. ISO400 is the best setting I can use, but it sucks most of the times. Of the 70++ photos that I usually take, only 4-5 can be used.

I asked some pros, and their reply is usually along the lines of: "find a moment where the performers get good lighting", or "go to their rehearsals".

Great ideas. Minimised the shots used (tried it out in a darkened hall with only the stage lighted). I even tried getting closer and it worked well enough.

But the quality is still not as good as taking photos in broad daylight. I was wondering if there are Kodak prosumer users out there that have experience with this kind of problem.

Maybe the experience of actual userscould help?

p/s: I just found out that the standard JPEG setting yields bigger file sizes (is this true?). Cause I've been using FINE setting, thinking the pics would come out, well, FINER. hahaha.

p/p/s: here's alink to the pics that I've taken with the DX7950: http://amirhafizi.fotopages.com
Mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links