Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:04 PM   #1

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a 7440 and love it but sometimes when I'm inside the pictures are extremely dark and I'm not sure what to do. I'm not too tech savy so I figured just shooting from auto mode would be enough for me, but like I said I've been getting these problems. Any advice on how to fix this. I really just want a nice, easy point and shoot camera, which I thought this would be. I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

dylan4201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:55 PM   #2

I take it you are using the flash ???????????????

If so,,the flash is only good to about 10 feet,,any more and the pics will be dark....

you can,by the way get a slave flash to use with this camera,,,it sees your flash fire and fires the external flash,,you can get very good range with these external flashes....

I can get into how to use the PASM modes if you want,,,but no point and shoot camera will give nice bright pics in large rooms with the small onboard flash ....you can on the other hand tripod the camera and use PASM modes with better success as long as the subjects are not in motion,,,or at least not fast....

Try this,,,just for fun.....go to "P" mode,,,(which is basically auto but allows more settings),,,go into menu and set the ISO to 400,,,,,then put your flash to compulsory,,,this will drive theshutter speeds up,,,if it`s still too dark you can then add + exposure on the click wheel to suit you....without getting really slow shutter speeds,,,and you may not need a tripod....let me know

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote