Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 12, 2005, 10:19 AM   #1

Hi all,

I just got a cx7330 for an anniversary present. I'm a little confused (being relatively new to digital cameras) about a couple of things:

--I notice that when I open the pictures I've shot, they're at 72dpi, and huge size (over 2000 pixels in width). Now, I'm pretty familiar with how to resize them for emailing to other people, so they can see the pics on their screen--I just resize them and leave them at 72dpi; I know 72dpi is fine for web pages, or screen resolution. But I'm wondering...to print images onto photo paper, shouldn't the dpi be something like 150 at least? How do you all handle printing?

--When taking pics: I see the manual says to hold the shutter button down halfway to set auto-exposure and focus, then go the rest of the way to actually shoot the picture. But what happens if I just depress the shutter button fully, without stopping at the halfway point? I tried it, and the picture seemed to display okay. Is that "halfway" stop really necessary?

Thanks for your help...I'm looking forward to learning more about digital photography!

canadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2005, 9:39 PM   #2

You can push the release straight through,,it`ll focus,then take the shot,,,but you will have no idea where or if the focus locked...which is fine if nothing is in the same area as the subject you are shooting,,it can/will sometimes pick a different target than you wish if you are not watching closely...

As for pics,,when/if i get them printed off i send the whole file to the processor and crop if necessary,,never have touched the DPI.....

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote