Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:23 PM   #1

I've been considering picking up a DX 7590. I currently have the 7630 and really enjoy it but the wife and I have both been using it quite often and think I can get away with picking up a second camera. But with new versions coming out I don't know what to get.

Has anyone looked over the features of the upcoming Z7590 from Kodak? Seems to be a revised DX7590 with a couple added features but a lower price tag…$450 retail. What am I missing about the new Z7590 that brings the price down compared to the DX7590?

They also show an upcoming Z740, which looks to be more comparable to the CX series but carries a 10x lens and is apparently in the same body as the 7590's.

Any thoughts?
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:50 PM   #2

The Z7590 will have image link capabilities,,,and a different plug on the base for the new dock is required,,,everything else is the same except the added feature of the live histogram.....the Z740 is basically the same camera but if you check the specs at the kodak site the 7590 has more options in PASM modes and the Z series LCD is a lot smaller too....the Z7590 or the DX7590 are their top of the line cameras...if you don`t want the histogram you can likely get the DX7590 cheaper i would think if you shop arround..

brianhare is offline   Reply With Quote