Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 27, 2005, 5:48 AM   #11

BigEye wrote:
I purchased the DX7630 because it was compatible with the Kodak lenses that I had purchased for my last Kodak camera (which I lost). I bought the adapter yesterday ($19.99 at FRY's or http://www.outpost.com) and started to play with my new toys. After attaching the adapter, then attaching the telephoto lens, I turned on the camera. Then the built in lens went through it's "boot up" stage, bumped into the telephoto lense and then retracted, shutting down the camera! Tried it with the wide angel lens, same thing. What could I possibly be doing wrong? Kodaks website has no digital camera lens support or FAQ's. I decided to turn the camera on and then attach the extra lens(') and it seems that it will work, if I don't screw them in all the way! I would guess that if the adapter was made to adapt these lens' then they would have added the extra 1cm to make it so that the built in lens wouldn't come in contact with the add on lens.

Any clues? :|
You guys will need to buy a 37mm spacer, this will provide the necessary clearance between the camera lens and any accessory lens. FortunatelyI had one from my old DX3900 and use it on my 7630..........bad blunder from Kodak on this issue.
in1way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:58 AM   #12

Thanks for the additional information. Do you know where I can buy this adapter?

isgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:16 AM   #13

Try B&H Photo or Adorama, they have just about anything you'd want at competitive prices.

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote