Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 23, 2002, 1:41 PM   #1
Default Upgrading from Kodak DC210

I use my Kodak DC210-Zoom a whole heck of a lot - about 25 pictures a day. I am looking to buy a brand-spanking new camera very soon. This is my third Kodak Digital Camera - the others are, I think, 200-210s. I have been surfing the Kodak site to see what is currently on the market, and it looks like the whole DC line is no longer made. I'd really like to stay with the Kodak line - after nearly 5000 pictures, I have had very few problems with the camera (except for those of my own making). I appreciate the ease of use - the zoom ability, the fact that pics come out while moving at 10mph, and the simplicity. So - my questions are:
-Does Kodak still make the DC line or, if I were to move up to the 215, am I limited to the refurbished ones they are pushing right now?
-Are any other Kodak models just as easy to use?
-Should I be broadening my horizons, brand-wise? I originally chose the Kodak 200/210 series because I was sharing the connection cord-thingy with others, and that's what they were using.

I'd appreciate any and all imput.

all4road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2002, 8:12 AM   #2

-Are any other Kodak models just as easy to use?
i just got a DX-3600 and it's easy to use and produces great pics ... don't know about the 'moving at 10mph' stuff, but i took a pic at dusk - sunset from our balcony - and it came out great. colors are always very good ...

also just discovered that i can access the camera from Linux (Mandrake 8.2 with gPhoto & Digikam) even more user-friendly then with the Kodak software ;-) which crashes regularly in Win98SE.

the only problem i had was with the batteries - kept getting the 'red light'-empty-signal, but after flashing the firmware (another great feature !!) i haven't had tha problem again.

Goner is offline   Reply With Quote