Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 27, 2005, 1:31 PM   #1

Been doing a lot of reading re: memory cards and come to find out not all sd cards are the same. Some work for a week or two and then you start getting error messages or corrupted files. Sandisk is supposed to be one of the worse for this problem and Panasonic the best. WHat name brand card do you all use and have you had any problems with the card.

Also heard that to use a high speed card in this camera is a waste of money. That standard speed is the best??

Comments please

dianls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:07 PM   #2

Hi Dian...I've been using Sandisk,both a 256+ a 512, in my dx7590 for 7 or 8 months now and I haven't had any problems. I would buy them again. So far I've only used the older slower cards but with the faster ones getting cheaper I would consider them.

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:19 PM   #3

Ditto....never had a problem with my sd128
TD Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:53 AM   #4

I have a Toshiba 256 ,it came with the camera,faultless no data loss at all.I have a 512 Viking card on order, which are made in Japan by toshiba and rebadged by viking, (please someone correct me if I`m wrong).

I don`t know about the high speed cards though.Crucial have brought out high speed SD cards, I have used crucial memory when building PC`s and never had a problem

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 9:57 AM   #5

While researching before purchasing my camera I read several post that stated that the high speed cards were not compatible with the 6490 and the 7590 cameras. I can't remember the particular post but they convinced me to buy the regular card. Since I was buying a Kodak camera my wife suggested the Kodak card shouldn't give me any problems, so that is what I bought. I've always thought that a little extra money is a small price to pay for peace of mind. So I followed the wife's advice and she don't nag if something goes wrong. Ergo-- peace of mind!!!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote