Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:38 PM   #11

I'll look up the Coldsnail posts tonight - very much appreciate your providing this information.

Thanks, Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:49 PM   #12

Dawg, you've given me the nudge I needed - full speed ahead on PASM mode. It would be wrong to not use all the capabilities of the camera and I won't know if i'm too dumb unless I try it.

Happy photoging, Al
alandjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 11:50 PM   #13

You're not too dumb. I think after you try it out you'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner. I know that I found it to be rather fun and intuitive. The moon shots that I took a while back were an inspiration to try some more. Just remember you aren't going to break anything and if the results don't suit you , hit delete and recompose the photo. No harm no Fowl. There are a lot of people that deserve the title of weenie, Bob. You aren't one of them!!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:57 AM   #14

smiles wrote:
using the M mode,and really thought my picture had turned out good.It was nice and clear on my camera screen.But when I downloaded it to my computer it was so dark I couldn't see it
Which camera are you using? The original is clearly underexposed.

On my DX7630, the LCD screen on the camera has turned out to be iffy as a way of judging exposure. Possibly the image enhancement that allows the LCD to "see" in low light conditions has something to do with this.

In the M mode on the '7630, the parameter to watch is the one Kodak calls "exposure compensation" Its icon is a rounded rectangle with + and - in it, bottom of LCD, just to right of center.

When it's gray/black, exposure is OK - when it's red, you're either over or under.

The gray/black range is pretty wide. You can go toward the negative side if your object of interest is light, but in a dark background -- or toward the positive, if your interesting area is dark in a light background. But it's best not to stray too far out of the gray/black range.

If your camera has a button or setting for bracketing, you might want to bring that into play.

p.s. - can you post the original, or point me to where in the Easyshare forum you've posted it?
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote