Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old May 31, 2005, 6:18 AM   #11

Thanks all.

I don't know what exactly to say about the condos. The area used to be ratty lobster and fish processing places perched on rotting piers(you can see one in barn-red paint in the water; there's a boarded-up dark gray one in some of the other views).

The condos arepretty well situated for high-end occupancy. A couple of blocks north is the financial district, where a lot of money is made by making money (and a lot is made by losing money, too). More or less at my back is our new Federal Court building, jam-packed with well-paid lawyers and judges

... fully one-fifth of our new Court Houseconsists of a 5-story high useless lobby whose energy needs (heat in winter, a/c in summer) gobbles enough to power a small town. The curved glass front concentrates sunlight down onto the courtyard, acting asa solar reflector that fries the grass,trees and anyone standing there on a sunny day. 'Course it doesn't matter, as its all paid for by the rest of us.

As for the skies -- the day later turned into a scene similar to Cold Snail's. But by then, I wasn't going to invest another hour and half by driving into Boston again. Besides, Boston faces east andis a sunrise city. When the sun is overhead, there's not much detail to pick out, and when it's in the west, everything is shadows.
DGehman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 9:48 AM   #12

Hey DG, you could fill in for Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes if your present job doesn't pan out. I laughed ot loud while reading your last post. I think I smelled a little curmudgen on your breath there!! ROTFL and HMS. Have a good rest of the day......

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote