Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:27 AM   #1

I recently picked up a Kodak CX7525. Very nice camera, takes some nice shots, but the one thing that's been bothering me about it since I got it is the level of compression it applies to the images it takes. It's nice having a 5mp camera and all, but its usefulness is diminished if the compression levels leech away fine detail and texture in "high quality" images.

Is there any way to quantifiably adjust the compression levels of this cam? There's no option in the camera's setup (only the size of the image in megapixels, not actual compression levels) and I was unable to google up any possible firmware updates that may add (or unlock) such functionality -- yet I'm sure it must be possible, even if it takes a little hacking. I'd really like to be able to adjust such levels myself -- I have several SD cards so I'm not the least bit worried about space, but I'd like to be able to pick up fine detail like fur or surface textures at the highest resolution without losing the clarity to what I'd consider an excessive level of compression.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mindfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:22 PM   #2

can't help on the compression issue, but welcome to the forum. I'm sure somebody can help.

Bob Mevis is offline   Reply With Quote