Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 8, 2005, 1:43 AM   #1

These are photos I took at Best Buy using the Kodak P850 camera. Tried different settings and used the zoom a lot. A few macro shots as well. Hope it helps.

syudesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2005, 1:56 AM   #2

Took a lot more.. but alas... Flickr only allows 20MB of space. I also made some videos using video feature. I'll upload those on another site.

I just snapped like mad and took as many photos as I could. I am trying to decide between this and the Sony DSC-H1.

I notice the focus of the P850 is slower than SONY and focus doesnt seem to focus that accurately the first try at times. I think the controls are really easy to use, especially deleting photos. Some functions took a while to get to.. such as setting your focus and lighting options. Requires 1 click to get inside menu and another click to select which option you want.

Felt nice thought not as nice as the Sony. Response was slower than Sony but the controls for deleting, reviewing, and settings were MUCH better than Sony.

Lag time between photos werent too bad.. The EVF was much much much better than the one for Sony DSC-H1. MUCH BETTER.... the SONY EVF sucks beyond words.

Another nice thing is that it comes with hot flash at the top so you can snap on an external flash.

I dont think the stablizer works that well.. 12X zoom photos were still blurry...

syudesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2005, 1:59 PM   #3

Thanks for the pics and the info...looking forward to more

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote