Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:14 PM   #1

:evil:well ihave been using a dx 6340 and found i to bequite good. all the features that i needed priority modes rather usefull macro. had some verry good results. all in total i have taken 4975 immages with this, untill this week. while photographing some lovely clasic cars it went dead on me. first i had thought dead battery also wondering why the lens had not retracted. well i changed the batteries and the lens retracted. that was the last thing this camera has done. i have tried more batteries also a power lead and its still dead. its only 2years old. i am perplexed left in wonderment as to why?. i kept it well fed took it out on plenty of outings this had became a member of the fammily a constant companion. but above all im bloddy anoyed and feel cheated by the big yellow giant,.
longzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2005, 4:37 PM   #2

I'm sorry about that.

My first digicam was also a 6340, and I was very pleased with it. I gave it to a relative and bought a 7440. It had more than 5000 photos, and is still working (or at least it was last week!).

The way your camera finish it seems something broke into it. A new camera will work well, but about the feelings to it... sorry...

Un saludo.
Mato34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:29 PM   #3

Sorry for your loss. I would suggest contacting Kodak, they provide pretty good customer service and may give you an option of trading it in on another one. Others have done this and gotten some pretty good deals

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote