Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:58 PM   #1

I will be using my Kodak DX7590 at an indoor concert soon. There will be no flashes allowed. What setting can I use to get the best pictures? This camera is fairly new to me and I haven't learned everything about it yet. The show is Nov. 30 so any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
sdk822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2005, 2:27 PM   #2

Try either ISO 200 or ISO 400 depending upon the amount of lighting. Try to get early at the place to have and idea and take some exemplary shots for accurate idea.

User manual mode and adjust shutter speed, and F number (as low as possible), you wont be able to hand hold the camera below 1/60 sec shutter speed even with zoom less than 5X. So keep that in mind. Adjust best possible WB setting, may be fluorescent or incascadent white balance settings to get accurate exposure.

If you able to use monopod or tiny tripod, the results would be great.

Atindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:38 PM   #3

You might be able to get away with a hand-held one step slower than 1/60 if you have a very short (smaller than 3) zoom. If I'm very careful, I can take a picture at 1/10 handheld and have very little noticible blur. Depends on the kind of concert, and where you are. You're just going to have to experiment with ISOs, Exposures, and whatnot when you get there. You won't know for sure til then.
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote