Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Dec 11, 2005, 10:59 AM   #1

Hell everyone , thank you in advance. the v530 is on sale at 300.00 seems like a bargain price even at kodak its the same target has the camera, I may look at price club as well a few dollars less lol

my question is, and a lil confused

1.quicktime,mpeg4 is what the site states does that mean it films quicktime opens quick time.

and films mpeg4 open windows media?

I think mpeg4 is the compression and quicktime is the only openiong up?

2. any sample vids out there?

Whatreally got my attention it allows optical zoom while video correct? casio might not do that?

thank you will check back when I see some posts Mod fishy in the hybrid section.

my old olympus is retiring and need a new camera

last question battery what is it and how long does it last on filming ? thanx in advance again
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 11:40 AM   #2

I too am interested in this camera. Mt. Climber just suggested it on another thread.

Does anyone know about its videoing qualities? And what is it like under low light conditions? I'll be using it for mostly family shots of indoor kids parties, family gatherings, etc... so its important that it can take both still pics and good videos indoors.

Any info., suggestions, opinions, would be most greatly appreciated!!!!!!
ohiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:00 PM   #3

Fishycomics and OhioMama-

Here is a link to Steve's review of the Kodak V-550, the big brother to the V-530, which includes all the details and a sample video:http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/v550.html.

I hope this helps.

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 2:01 PM   #4

Fishy, I just checked pricegrabber.com and they say buy.com has the v530 for $209.

dan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:59 AM   #5

I would say v550/530 are the ONLY under-150gram DC that are capable of video optical zoom.

Larger ones like Canon S2is & Kodak P880 and Casio p505 could, but they are 250gram+ class, in terms of weight.

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:59 PM   #6

Greetings Fishy,

MPEG4 is a common protocol for capturing images while Quicktime is a software program that can open an MPEG4 file. Many other programs can open an MPEG4 file as well. But, Kodak uses Quicktime as it is a common, free, and readily available file format. We deliver Quicktime to you when you install the EasyShare Software.

Yes, it allows for some great video features at 30 fps and you can zoom while taking the video. Pretty nice feature. I suggest visiting a local store selling digital cameras so you can try out this feature. If you have an SD card already, bring it along and capture a video for your later review.

Talk to you soon, Fishy,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote