Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Jan 3, 2006, 8:00 AM   #11

kassandro wrote:
Great Panorama indeed, but why do you need 24 pictures for it?
The Powershot S1 pano assist even supports sophisticated 2D panos.
This is the bread and butter of Autostitch. "Need" is not the issue; Autostitch can sort through as many pictures as you care to throw at it and create "sophisticated 2D panos." Somewhere in the code (but not enabled yet) is the ability to sort multiple panoramas from a batch of pictures.

I have not tried any in-camera stitching, but I have worked with Panorama Factory and Autostitch a fair bit. I would say at this time I prefer Autostitch. The interface is difficult to figure out, but the functions are very impressive. Its author, Matt Brown, is a grad student at UBC; he has designed the image modeling routines and assembled them in a package that shows that they work - his hope is that someone will use his groundwork to create a commercial version. (with a more understandable GUI).

Here's one of my favorites. I've forgotten how many shots are here; probably 7 or 8 vertical-oriented frames.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Attached Images
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 8:06 AM   #12

I am a scrapbooker and the format I mainly use is 12x12. When sharing my pages on the scrapbooking MB I stitch using PhotoStitch, it came with my Canon i9900 printer. It is very easy, just choose the pics and the program does the rest for you. Do a google search for Arcsoft, they often have a free trial and their software is really good too.
very crafty 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:36 PM   #13

It was 24 pictures because that was what was required to capture the scene at full wide-angle. I'm sure I could have included more (extra landscape on both sides), but I didn't feel it was essential to the picture, and my 1 gb was getting full from that day anyway. I did eyeball it, as I do with all my panos. Autostitch is a great program, it takes my globs of pictures (at times I have as many as 70) and makes it all into one nice little image. And besides, the ability to change output quality, size, exposure compensation (etc) is great.
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote