Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:25 PM   #1

I just got my V570 last night and found out that you need to use the somewhat bulky included docking station to connect to your computer's USB. What's more, it seems that you also need to connect the AC adapter to the dock to send pictures to the PC! However, there seems to be a way around that. The user manual shows a "USB / A/V connector" that supposedly allows you to connect to a PC (orTV - the A/C part) without the dock. The adapter connects to the bottom of the camera and has a socket for a USB or A/V cable (hopefully it fits the ones you get with the camera!). From what I have heard, this adapter is not included with cameras sold in the US but is included in other countries - what kind of logic is that? I don't see why they don't just include it when it's an inexpensive part and shown in the manual. What's worse, the adapter is not found on the Kodak web site when you look for accessories for the V570.

I e-mailed Kodak and was surprised to get a response almost immediately. It turns out you can order one from their parts department. See details below. I called and the cost is about $15 shipped. I haven't received it yet so I can't say for sure how it works but if it does, it sure beats dragging out the silly (but nice looking I suppose) dock and the AC adapterjust to transfer pictures. I think this adapter works with other models like the V530 but you'd better verify that with Kodak. Those of you out there who use card readers may not really need this adapter.

Response from Kodak follows

Thank you for your recent visit to the Kodak Web site and question about
how to obtain a USB/AV Dock Connector Adapter for your KODAK EASYSHARE
V570 Dual Lens Digital Camera.

We appreciate the chance to be of assistance.

You need to purchase the USB/AV Dock Connector Adapter separately.
Please call Kodak Parts Services at 1-800-431-7278 to order one from them.

Part Number of USB/AV Dock Connector Adapter - 3F6455

We are glad to be of service and are here for you if you need us in the
future. Please reply to us "with history" if this e-mail did not resolve
your issue.

Jess S.
KODAK Information and Technical Support
fftulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:29 PM   #2

But how do you like that dual lens setup??

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote