Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Feb 23, 2006, 5:46 AM   #1

The new firmware upgrade for Kodak P880 is available at www.kodak.com. Has anybody loaded it yet?
aaliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:44 PM   #2

I loaded it last night and it works very well. Autofocus in almost total darkness is less than a second. In normal circumstances 1/2 second or so. Shutter lag is almost non-existent in most circumstances. Also has image calibration (though I have not had a need to use that). Also has a red-eye reduction in review mode--takes 1-2 seconds and generally does a nice job.

Overall, a .
dsmjbeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 2:19 AM   #3

I just did mine and its kinda late so I am not able to comment on it yet. I might get to try it out later today.
doitnthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 8:37 PM   #4

I have a P850 and upgraded it last night. Focus is much faster, and seems better in low light.
davidd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 1:02 PM   #5

I did it too! The low-light focusing is impressive on the new firmware.
alvincyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:21 PM   #6

I agree, the focus response andshutter lag has been greatly improved. I was unaware of any 'pixel problem', as Kodak puts it, but comparing shot before calibrating and after I see the difference especially in cropped images.

Why's that Kodak didn't answer in my email on the firmware upgrade,

why not fix the annoying compression change back to 'norm' ever-time you turn the dial in Autoscene modes.

whyis write speed a tad slow when the architecture in the camera can handle far more, is this firmware fixable?, if not, why sell a camera capable of 10M write speed but only performs at 1M?

But alas no response, but I still love this camera!!!!!
Thomasmeisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2006, 10:25 AM   #7

Only got my P880 this morning, purchased specifically for low-light nightclub photography. Just posted on another thread and was told to expect to be disappointed with low-light images...

I've just updated the firmware, although after the upgrade I switched the camera off, disconnected the USB, turned the camera back on but didn't get any on screen messages... Does that mean the update was successful or not?
TheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote