Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Kodak

Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:03 PM   #1

when i turn the camera on, everthing is like mirrored.

you can just make it out, but for example, everything thats on the left should be on the right. anyone know how to fix this? thanks

bynionfl939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:03 PM   #2

I'd make a call to Kodaks customer support and see what they say. That's just weird!

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 3:20 PM   #3

Sorry you are having trouble.

That situation certainly is not normal. Please call our team at the following number if you are in the US. They will get your camera in and serviced quickly. If you are inside the date for return to the dealer, I would take it back to them and exchange it.If not give us a call.

800 235-6325

If you are in another location, let me know and I will get you the right number.

Talk to you soon,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company
Ronbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:44 AM   #4

It looks like during assembly on the production line of the LCD Panel, the LCD is installed in the LCD assembly backwards. Definately a manufacturers defect. If you are under warranty, use the warranty. If you are out of warranty then you have 2 choices;

1./ Send it in to Kodak for a LCD replacement, expensive.

2./ Find a Notebook, PDA, or Camera Technician to disassemble the camera, remove the LCD Panel assembly. Disassemble the LCD Panel assembly, reverse the actual LCD Panel then reassemble the LCD Panel Assembly, put it back in the camera, then reassemble the camera.

I do recommend going with the manufacturer for repairs unless the repair price for out of warranty repairs is not justifiable.

Ken Finch
ken68 is offline   Reply With Quote